Wednesday, March 17, 2010

2nd Bedroom

The 2nd bedroom had a 'lick' of paint put on it when my darling daughter moved home for a while a year or so ago.  I let her pick her colour.  If I remember correctly it was called Pomp and is a very deep strong purple.  I must say that I don't really mind the colour although it is a tad on the strong side and since right now finances don't allow for me to race out and buy more paint I have decided to try and work with it.

I was in Vinnies the other day; I went there with the intention of finding some curtains for the bare windows in the 2nd bedroom that would tie in with the strong purple colour but soften the overall effect.  I don't know that I really expected to find anything the first time I went in but I was lucky.  I found a pair of heavy cotton curtains that have a really soft cream/lemon background with butterflies and bluey/purple flowers.  It was the colour of the flowers that caught my eye.  It matches the dark purple and so ties in with the wall nicely.

I think this is an ok result for the moment.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when you find just what you need!?! Just wanted to let you know I havn't forgotten about creating you something nice for my Pay it Forward, I'm just taking time looking at the blogs of the 3 people I'll be making for and trying to decide what they would like :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these curtains up against the deep purple. Second hand shops continue to suprise me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, me again, I am finally doing my Pay it Forward, could you please email me your postal address to thriftedtreasure[at]gmail[dot]com so I can send you your little gift, sorry it's taken me so long :-)

    ReplyDelete