Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Acquisition

20 years ago I inherited a lovely big extension table from my mother.  It have been at her brothers and before that my grandmothers (I think).  When extended fully it will seat 10 - 12 people.  However, with no extension in it will seat 6.  I did get the chairs with it that included a carver but the years have seen the chairs gradually fall apart and then bits get lost or broken while waiting to be fixed.  Since the person who was going to fix them left 5 years ago and I know that I am not going to fix them I decided that it is time for them to go.  In the meantime I was given 6 matching but quite ordinary chairs to use.

The other day while just cruising through ebay I came upon 6 chairs that would match the table nicely.  I put in a bid and low and behold I won.  Today I borrowed my son's ute and went and collected them.  They are by no means perfect, but they blend in wonderfully.  The chairs were a bargain even allowing for some fuel money. 



However, the exercise will end up a tad more expensive with the consequences of me, a HUGE ute and reversing.  This story will be told another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment