Monday, January 11, 2010

New adventures in crochet

As you might recall I had a friend of a friend talking about a knitting technique called entrelac.  This of course made me google it and find out a bit more about it, which led me to the discovery of entrelac crochet.  Entrelac crochet uses a Tunisian crochet stitch called the TSS - tunisian simple stitch (I will at a later time investigate other tunisian stitches).  This is a very easy stitch to do and creates a wonderfully dense almost woven look and texture. 

 I had bought some yarn on special a while back and had seen a scarf for my sister in the balls of yarn that I had thought were going to be a loose knit.  I tried it a few different ways but it just wasn't coming together so I decided to go the TSS crochet. 

I am teaching myself along the way on the best ways of doing this so it's by no means perfect but I am enjoying doing it and the results.  I am alternating the direction of the stitch with each colour so that there is an added dimension of texture.



As you can see I do have an issue with the end curling but I'll deal with that later. But just look at the 'wrong' side and see that lovely bobbly pattern and texture.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the look of the scarf - so chunky and textured. i am sure your sister will LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete