Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas preparations

With Christmas not too far away and having no money in the last two months I decided that I would make stuff for people for Christmas.  That should not have been my excuse I know, as making gifts is far more enjoyable for the giver and the reciever than fighting the throngs of crazed shoppers at the shopping centres to spend an enormous amount of money on something that you hope they will like only to find they already have one, or it's the wrong colour, or the wrong size or you get that sweet smile and the 'how lovely'...then you know they hate it.

Not only have I been making I've been doing things that I've never done before.  I did my first ever applique and it's pretty good even if I do say so myself.  I'm also knitting washers using a bamboo/soya blend that comes in some lovely varigated colours.  The knitting is basic which is great cos I'm just a basic knitter.




 I also did one in a bamboo/wool blend that has come up beautifully and has almost got me excited about knitting.  I am going to have to get some more and have a go as some other pattern.

1 comment:

  1. they look lovely. you are so right about homemade gifts being so much nicer to both give and to receive.

    ReplyDelete