Thursday, December 10, 2009

The problem with pets

I love having animals around.  I grew up with a dog and cats and it seems perfectly normal to me to have at least one four legged member of the family and I still have a dog and two cats.  Although, one of the cats has been inherited from my daughter who left home and couldn't take him with her. 

Each animal has his or her own personality and is good company, particularly the dog Sarra.  She loves to be near me and can usually be found in the same room as me, sometimes even the same chair as me....in my lap.  She doesn't stay there very long as she is not a lap dog.  She's a kelpie/border collie cross.

I love her to peices but today I had to take her to the vet again as she has skin allergies and she was driving herself and me nuts with the scratching.  She must be in quite a bit of discomfort with areas of her skin red raw.  Of course I didn't get out of there with much change from $140 and three lots of medication.  Anti-biotics for the raw skin, antinflammatories and ear drops for the sore ears. 

We also went and had a bath in the dog wash near the car wash.  These are great, no bending over, the water is a good temperature (although I thought this morning it might have been a tad too hot) and all the shampoo and conditioners etc.  She's not a fan of the bath, but I am.  She's nice and clean, her coat where she hasn't chewed or scratched it away is nice and shiny and she's not scratching as much.  YAY!! it is so nice to see her able to lie or sit still for more than a minute without scratching.


No comments:

Post a Comment