Monday, December 14, 2009

First day OVER

My first day at my new job is over.  I'm sitting in my lounge having absolutely no energy to do anything but think about what to have to for dinner.

The day started with me NOT waking up to the alarm but just waking up.  Thankfully, it was about when the alarm should have gone off.  I hadn't set it properly.  That has been remedied for tomorrow morning.  Then I'm just cruising along getting ready without rushing and I get a phone call from #3 son.  "Can you come and get me from friend's place?"  So I rush to finish getting ready and leave the house 30 minutes early.  #3 son got a list of things to do for me as I didn't get the chance.

The drive in this morning was surprisingly quick.  I had allowed an hour especially for a Monday morning.  Traditionally the worst morning of the week, it wasn't too bad.   But then again it is the first day of school holidays here and school holidays are always lighter in traffic.  I will admit to having a depressive attack as I was brought to a snail's pace on the highway.  "Oh Lord, I don't want to do this everyday!  I don't want to be at the mercy of everyone else's stupidity.  I never wanted to do this ever again."  The first snail's pace was due to some idiot running up the backside of some other idiot and then of course all the other idiots have to slow down to have a look.  The second and third snail paces were just normal merging stuff. Once off the highway though traffic wasn't too bad in the little area I head to, in the end only taking me 50 minutes and that is with two small stops for air in a tyre and a notebook.

I had a 15 minute relax time to get coffee before the new language lessons began, along with the long list of new names and faces to try and remember.  My co-workers and the boss however, all did their very best to makes things as easy and as pleasant as possible.  At the end of my day which went 40 minutes longer than scheduled, I feel quite pleased though.  I was productive, and seemed to surprise my co-workers with knowing how to do things. 

Now to make it through the rest of the week.  That's the next hurdle.

The drive home was longer than normal as I had to drop some stuff to a friend on the way, then stop and do some shopping, so I didn't walk into the house until 6.30 just over 12 hours after I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment