Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cross Stitch

The last few weeks has seen me knitting and doing a little bit of applique and embroidery.  The main thing however, has been the knitting.  I started out knitting for myself, as cheap gifts for the family, however, with the introduction of our secret santa I didn't need to worry too much about it.  But my friend D who has a heap of people she wants to give gifts to has asked me to keep knitting.  I will do that but I long to get back to my cross stitch. 

I started my cross stitch way back in February when I needed to take a break from the one I was already doing and had suffered a major set back.  I did recover the first one from the set back and it is now completed and hanging on my wall looking gorgeous (even if I do say so myself).
I then started another cross stitch for my son and now daugther in law.  A wedding sampler that of course had a deadline, so again my second cross stitch got put aside.  I've done bits and pieces every now and then for the last couple of months but my house and routine has really been shot to bits for the last 5 months and it's about to change again on me with starting my new job tomorrow.


Hopefully, once Christmas is done and I'm finished with the knitting I can get back into my "garden arch" .

No comments:

Post a Comment